● Title of the Decoration: Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star
● Service: Strengthening the relations between Japan and India in economic and tourism fields
● Major Positions Held:
- Co-Chair, FICCI Forum of Parliamentarians Council (2016-Present)
- President, FICCI (2015-2016)
- Chairperson, FICCI Tourism Committee (2006-Present)
- Chairperson & Managing Director, Bharat Hotels (2006-Present)
Summary of Dr. Suri’s Contributions
Dr. Suri has been serving as Chairperson of FICCI Tourism Committee since 2006, and contributed to the India Tourism Conference held in Tokyo in 2007. Dr. Suri also promoted the Japanese tourism companies’ participation in the Great Indian Travel Bazaar held in India since 2007. In addition, she took initiative to organize the first India-Japan Tourism Meet in 2016. This Meet has been held three times so far. Thanks to Dr. Suri’s continuous contributions to promoting Japan-India tourism relations, the number of Indian people visiting Japan is increasing every year.
As the Co-Chair of FICCI Forum of Parliamentarians Council, Dr. Suri has contributed to strengthening the people-to-people exchanges between Japan and India. Since her appointment as Co-Chair, she has supported and led the activities of the India-Japan Parliamentarians Forum, which is established in the FICCI Forum of Parliamentarians Council. Thanks to her efforts, the delegation of India-Japan Parliamentarians Forum visited Japan in 2017, after a gap of 6 years.
As it delivers the announcement of her receiving the decoration, the Embassy of Japan in India pays tribute to Dr. Suri’s long years of service.