Relief Money in Response to the Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016
July 7, 2016
Following the Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016, the Government of Japan has accepted relief money from foreign governments, foreign individuals, companies and Japanese residents abroad, in the following manner. Please note the termination of relief money acceptance by Japanese Red Cross Society as stipulated in 2 below.
1. Information regarding Account of the Embassy of Japan in India for Relief Money
(1) The Embassy of Japan has opened the following account to accept relief money. Donations are accepted at this account until March, 2017. The account is in Rupee.
(note1) The relief money received by the Embassy of Japan in India will be sent to the account of the Government of Japan later. If you wish to send your donations to the Japanese Red Cross Society, the Embassy can accept the donation for that purpose till 30 June, 2016. In this case, please contact the Embassy of Japan in India. The donations sent from the Embassy to the Japanese Red Cross Society will be used as “Gien-kin(donations)” (please see 2 below for more details).
(note2) After relief money is received by the Embassy of Japan and sent to the account of the Government of Japan or to the Japanese Red Cross Society, the money will be delivered to the affected people through local governments.
Title of the Account: Embassy of Japan (Relief Fund –Kumamoto)
Account Number: 037729
Bank Name： The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd.
Branch Name： New Delhi
Bank Address：5th Floor, Worldmark-2, Asset 8, Aerocity, New Delhi-110037, India
(2) If you wish to obtain a receipt, please send an email to (email@example.com) that contains the following:
1. Subject: Request for Receipt
2. Your name，Address，Phone Number
3. The amount of the relief money
4. The date when the relief money was donated
5. The name of the bank from which the relief money was transferred
2. Japanese Red Cross Society Account Information
The Japanese Red Cross Society terminated its acceptance of relief money provided voluntarily from overseas Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, governments, individuals, as “Kyuen-kin(relief funds)” on 15 June, 2016.
(For your reference, the Japanese Red Cross Society continues to accept the donation in Japan. For further information, please access to the website of the Japanese Red Cross Society.)
Note: Definition of “Gien-kin” for the Japanese Red Cross Society
“Gien-kin”: funds to be send by the Japanese Red Cross Society to affected local governments and municipalities, which are then given to affected people.
3. Relief Money Acceptance Account by Local Governments of the Affected Area
Local governments of the affected area have also opened accounts to accept donations. Please check websites of each local governments for more information. If you wish to see the information of the account opened by Kumamoto Prefecture, which is one of the most severely affected areas, please check the following website.
Call for 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake Donations