Encouraged by the overwhelming response to the first-ever CLICK! JAPAN PHOTO CONTEST
Click for updates
last year, we are holding the Contest again this year. We will accept entries for the 2015 Contest from 8th May to 30th June 2015.
The chosen photos will be displayed in a photo exhibition at Japan Foundation,
New Delhi Gallery, from the 1st to 30th of August 2015.
Entry Guidelines for CLICK! Japan Photo Contest 2015
1. Criteria of submission: This contest is open to residents of India, who has stayed in Japan for any duration between June, 2014 and June, 2015. The photo(s) must be the original work of the participant, and taken in Japan within the period as mentioned above. Pictures entered in the contest last year are not acceptable.
2. Participants should be back in India by 1st August, 2015. Japanese nationals and permanent residents of Japan or of any country other than India are not eligible for this contest.
3. Non-professional photographers only.
4. Theme: What you were impressed/were amazed/marvelled at/by in Japan (Please select one theme for your entry.)
5. Starting & deadline of submission of entries: 8th May to 5:00 PM, 30th June, 2015
6. Maximum and minimum number of entries per person: 1(one) [Up to 3 pictures are allowed in one sheet with one theme.]
7. Size of picture: Minimum 2 MB, Maximum 5 MB
8. Photos can be in colour as well as black & white. Cropping and post-capture editing is allowed.
9. Obscene, inappropriate pictures will be rejected immediately.
10. An ENTRY Form must be duly filled out and submitted with the photo.
11. All participants must sign a form which declares that the organizers are not responsible if any dispute arises over photos or subject of photos.
12. Submission of photos and application form: Send your photos and scanned application form to email@example.com
with the title of email “Photo Contest” or submit by post to the Embassy of Japan in India (50-G Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021)
13. Photos once submitted cannot be returned under any circumstances.
14. All given rules must be complied with. Any violation will result in disqualification.
15. Facebook page for this contest will be created.
16. For any queries, kindly call us at the Embassy of Japan in India on (0)11-4610-4810
Selection method and Prizes for chosen entries
(1) The photos for the exhibition will be chosen by a judging committee, based on expressiveness (how the photographer’s messages are conveyed) and on originality (how fresh and creative the photographer’s ideas/points of view are).
The Chosen photos will be displayed in a photo exhibition at the Japan Foundation, New Delhi Gallery, from the 1st to the 31st of August 2015.
(2) The winners will be chosen from the exhibition by a judging committee, by taking into account the number of votes in the venue (JFND Gallery) and the number of Facebook ‘Likes’ from 1st August to 10th August.
(3) All winners will be given awards. The winners’ photos will be featured in the exhibition at the Japan Foundation, New Delhi and will appear in the publications of the Embassy of Japan in India and the Japan Foundation, New Delhi.
The Embassy of Japan in India, The Japan Foundation, New Delhi